Introducing a new product at a trade show? Banner stands are the perfect vehicle to make the new product stand out among your other trade show booth display items. Graphic designers need to follow different design guidelines for banner stands booths. Below are 7 design tips for an effective banner stand:
1. Information should not be too close in bottom. Adjustable Banner Stands usually stand at about 3 feet from the ground. The bottom 36″ is the lowest effective section for important information. It’s OK to put your URL of your company here because once you have got the audience attention, they will read it to the bottom if interested.
2. Name at the heading should be in big letters. You’ve got 3 seconds to captivate the audience. Don’t waste it on your company name or URL. Instead use this space for 2-3 word phrase or attention getting graphics. If you are introducing a new product, this is the place to put it. I like a reverse type effect if you need the big bang words. For example, white text on black background, with the image underneath.
3. Design should be of high quality just like a power-point presentation, too many numbering results in a message that won’t get be read . Bullets that are hard to read because of a background image can also be a problem. Good design with impact numbering with high impact message.
4. Design and image preferences
Do not fool your visitors by using images which do not go along with your products and services you provide. Use the images which match with the product. If you see some good banners you can save them and send them to your designer. Obviously you can ask your interactive agency not to copy the design and style. This would help the interactive designer to understand your designing preferences.
5. Know your competitors
It is very important to know your competitors. Make a list of all your competitor websites. Save the banners of your competitors. The basic idea is that you need to create a banner which stands absolutely different from others. Also just see whether the content and pictures you are using goes well with the concept of your banner. Do not follow what others have created. Think differently and create something different which would help you later.
6. Banner guide
The banner service or website which you are planning to use would provide you with the banner guide. The guide would help you to know the various aspects of the banner, for example length, banner size, border attributes, number of the loops, lengths of the animation etc. you can send the banner style to designers in order to get the banners remain to the policy of ad service.
[learn_more caption=”Click here to learn more”]
7. Design that does not print as intended. It is good to read the guidelines for where you want to print. The most common mistake is mixed CMYK and RGB images or images that do not have high enough resolution. Check your file and make sure everything is either all RGB or all CMYK for the most predictable print results. Most large format printers want 100-200 dpi at 100% finished size; anything more is overkill.